“In writing classes, if nowhere else, it is entirely permissible to spend large chunks of your time off in your own little dreamworld.” - Stephen King
— On Writing, A Memoir of the Craft
Is your novel a newly-started project?
Or perhaps your memoir is only part-finished?
Need somebody to help you out along the way?
The Writing Coach is a service set up to help writers-in-progress, specifically with unfinished or new work.
All writers need feedback, and waiting until the very end of a full-length manuscript could mean you've worked without any editorial input for years. It's a lonely job, and you may have missed out on the opportunity to head-off mistakes before you've spent months writing them. The Writing Coach provides a cost-effective way to seek input into your writing, as you go. You don't need to submit a completed manuscript. Get advice on individual chapters or extracts of your work; get help with your plot, characters and prose moving forwards.
As a writer and editor, my interests include historical, literary, speculative, children's, dystopian, thriller and horror fictions. The mechanics of writing and editing remain identical regardless, so whatever project you're currently working on, I can help.
Learn how to -
* Improve your narrative voice - create the best storyteller for your work;
* Utilise structure and form - explore the many ways to unfold your narrative;
* Edit well - a how-to guide to tighten up your prose;
* Understand plot - exploit the key aspects of your story;
* Know your genre - learn why the codes and conventions of your project are important to your story;
* Focus on non-fiction: know your market, improve your narrative voice.
Whether you're starting out with a few pages of scribbled notes, the bare bones of a plot, or you already have your first chapters written, The Writing Coach can help. All projects are priced individually depending on your requirements and the length of your submission. To get in touch, please use the contact form here.